- Initial 4-month contract with potential to extend
- Melbourne CBD location with WFH options
- 4x VPS4 and 1x VPS5 level
Manpower is actively engaged with a State Government department that is now looking for 4x VPS 4 Evaluation Officers and one VPS 5 Senior Evaluation Officer. This is 4-month role and will commence ASAP.
What to Expect/About You (VPS 4):
Reporting directly to a Manager, and working closely with the Principal and Senior Evaluation Officers, the Evaluation Officer will work flexibly across the broader team to progress shared priorities including implementing evaluations and supporting the team to:
- build evaluation capacity through resources and training;
- provide advisory and scoping support on evaluations;
- synthesise and disseminate education research to inform the Department's policy directions and strategy development.
The Evaluation Officer:
- Operates with excellence and expertise
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Requiring a growth mindset and problem-solving capabilities
- A highly collaborative working style.
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to establish and maintain relationships at all levels
- Building trust through consistent actions, quality work, values and communication to advance the work of the Division and drive improvements in policy and implementation of reforms.
What to Expect/About You (VPS 5):
The Senior Evaluation Officer play a critical role within PED's developing in-house evaluation practice. The purpose of this role is to work as part of a team of evaluators to deliver high quality evaluations to internal stakeholders; support the Manager Evaluation Practice to make strategic links between evaluations to streamline evaluation processses; join the dots between evaluations; help build evaluation capacity within the Department and contribute to the development and expansion of the in-house Evaluation Practice .
The Senior Evaluation Officer will report to the Manager Evaluation Practice and will be accountable for the following key tasks:
- Plan and project manage evaluation projects to ensure outputs are delivered in a timely manner.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with evaluation stakeholders to understand their requirements, and ensure their commitment to, and participation in, the evaluation.
- Provide technical advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders on evaluation design, research methods and relevant ethical issues.
- Design program logic and evaluation frameworks in collaboration with evaluation clients and other stakeholders.
- Conduct quantitative data analysis including both descriptive and inferential statistical techniques.
- Conduct qualitative interviews and discussion groups, and thematic analysis of qualitative data.
- Develop high-quality written evaluation outputs, including evaluation frameworks, ethics applications, quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments, and both brief and comprehensive evaluation reports.
- Present evaluation findings and outputs to a range of audiences.
- Review, summarise and assess the quality of existing research evidence about program effectiveness in the education portfolio.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856