Safesearch have proudly partnered with YWCA Australia to engage a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor.
YWCA are a values driven organisation with a purpose of making young women's leadership and women's housing a priority for gender equity in Australia. They support diverse groups of people, including gender diverse people and children, through their local housing, services and programs.
This newly established position is a great opportunity to make a direct impact in the community and positively influence the safety culture across YWCA nationally.
- Attractive salary plus access to salary packaging benefits
- 14 week paid Parental Leave
- Continuous professional development
- Flexible location & wfh
Reporting directly to the Director of Organisation Capability & People, this position offers flexibility in location and wfh options with domestic and regional travel required to visit sites & engage with the teams nationally.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Reviewing, developing and implementing YWCA's HSW management system across multiple sites
- Reviewing HSW policies and procedures, injury management procedures, employee wellbeing programs and hazard management improvement strategies
- Conduct audits, risk assessments and incident investigations
- Manage incident reporting & developing Return to Work programs
- Managing Workers Compensation claims in accordance with State and Territory Law, Statutory Regulations and company policy
- Stakeholder engagement and strategic influence to mitigate risks
- Contractor management, client & visitor site safety education and training
- Providing specialist advice, and creating tailored training packages not limited to the delivery of HSW policies and programs
"This would ideally suit a results orientated, self starter with previous experience within a Not-for-Profit environment"
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Diploma in WHS - minimum requirement Cert IV in WHS
- WorkCover Accredited Return To Work Coordinator
- Valid state based working with children check OR working with vulnerable people check
- Working knowledge of WHS legislation & Codes of Practice
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and regional sites
- A current full drivers' licence
How to apply:
If you are motivated to join a dedicated team and champion a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below with your resume in MS Word Format.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856