Manpower Group is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for more than 65 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day.
About the Company
Our client delivers critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment we live in. They provide end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. Partnering with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions.
About the Role
As a qualified and experienced Mechanical Fitter you will be based onsite at a client facility at the Port of Newcastle. The main function of this role is to carry out preventative and breakdown maintenance on equipment as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Mechanical Trade Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in a mechanical maintenance industrial environment, with some welding experience
- White Card
- Driver's Licence
- Confined Space and Working at heights qualifications, or the ability to obtain
- EWP, Forklift and Rigger/Dogger tickets would be desirable
- Certificate IV Hydraulics, or exposure to and experience with Hydraulics would be desirable
- Able to perform all duties whilst maintaining high standards in both Safety and Quality
To be successful in the Mechanical Fitter role you will have:
- Works to a high standard and passionate about work produced
- Demonstrated solid mechanical knowledge
- A team player who works well with people who share a continuous improvement focus to achieve targets in a dynamic and changing environment
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of different tasks
- Promotes positive relationships with our stakeholders and the community
- Ability to do overtime when required
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful Mechanical Fitter, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your interest by clicking Apply and attaching your resume in Word format.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856