Victorian School Building Authority
The VSBA operates as a Group within the Department of Education and Training (DET). Established in August 2016, the VSBA has been tasked by the Victorian Government to:
- build on existing infrastructure planning and delivery strengths;
- have a stronger, dedicated focus on project planning, delivery and community engagement;
- increase reporting to Government with stronger asset policy integration; and
- provide a major uplift in Statewide and local communications.
The VSBA brings together DET's existing expertise in project management, the latest ideas in school design, and a dedicated community engagement team to deliver the right schools for local communities. In June 2018, the VSBA developed an overarching four-year strategic framework, which identifies VSBA's five Group objectives. It also captures VSBA's vision, "to build a bright and better education future for Victoria".
- Asset Management & Strategy - responsible for setting VSBA's strategic policy direction, shaping portfolio investment decisions, developing and implementing programs that address accessibility, inclusion and accommodation initiatives, and building school capacity to manage assets.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the planning, monitoring and control of aspects of the AIMS project as delegated by the AIMS project manager to assist in achieving the objectives of the AIMS project within the expected performance targets for time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risks. The role is responsible for achieving this in a manner which is in compliance with the AIMS and Department project methods.