We are actively engaged with our large Federal Government client in Canberra who are looking for APS5 level Executive Assistant to commence a non-ongoing contract till February 2023
Australian citizens are eligible to apply
What to expect:
Our client is seeking highly motivated Executive Assistants with exceptional organisation skills, and a flair for communication to join their organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic office environment and provide valuable administrative and executive support to our senior executive staff.
As a senior Executive Assistant, you'll work under limited direction to manage the senior executive's diary, appointments and inbox. In your day-to-day role you'll communicate with senior leaders and staff, ministerial offices, other government departments and members of the public on behalf of the senior executive. You'll work closely with other Executive Assistants and Personal Advisors to deliver on a broad range of high level secretariat, personal and administrative support activities.
You'll be responsible for coordinating input and drafting papers, briefings, correspondence and presentations. You'll undertake research to prepare reports and correspondence, manage projects, organise workflows, provide secretariat services and make independent decisions. You'll be responsible for communicating, interpreting and explaining policies and procedures as they apply. You'll respond effectively to competing and often urgent requests in a professional and efficient manner while maintaining high work standards, confidentiality and accuracy to assist the senior executive, and staff in the business line, in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Be highly organised with the ability to provide executive support in a dynamic office environment
- Be proactive in anticipating the needs of senior executives, taking ownership, applying sound judgement and making reasonable decisions
- Prioritise and respond to competing and often urgent requests in a professional and efficient manner, while maintaining high work standards and accuracy
- Communicate messages in a clear, concise and articulate manner tailored to suit the audience, both verbally and in writing
- Confidently use, and support others to use, digital systems and tools such as the Microsoft suite and WebEx effectively and efficiently
- Display discretion and handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Develop a sound understanding of their senior executive's work program, role and priorities
- Recent experience working as an Executive Assistant in a high volume and complex environment
- Experience managing, training and mentoring other Executive Assistants or employees
Account Manager - Public Sector
+61 2 6200 3399
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856