Manpower Professional are currently recruiting for two Corporate Counsels to work for a global information insights business. Offering flexible working arrangements and a supported career journey, we are looking for someone to join our clients legal, Risk and Compliance Team in Australia.
About the role
We are seeking applications from experienced and highly skilled professionals to join the Legal, Risk and Compliance team as their new Corporate Counsel. Be challenged in a dynamic, fast-paced environment whilst being supported by a talented and collaborative team. The role will entail providing legal expertise toward commercial decision making and contracting, as well as ensuring all operations are conducted according to the compliance parameters of the relevant legislation. With options of 12-month contract position or a permanent full-time position, a great opportunity to join a distinguished company.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial contract with customers and suppliers
- Work collaboratively in an energetic team, providing legal support to key strategy initiatives
- Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of policies, procedures, compliance and training programs
- Provide advice on relevant legal concerns arising from new or proposed legislation and policy
- Establish and maintain long-lasting relationships with external counsel and consultants
- Assist in the development and streamline of processes and procedures to ensure efficiency across the legal department and the provision of legal services
- Provide advice (and manage advice provided by internal/external lawyers) on legal and regulatory issues of importance to the business
- Develop, retain and protect intellectual property of the business
- Assist in the management of disputes and advise on litigation claims and disputes
We are looking someone:
- Admitted as a Solicitor in one or more States of Australia
- With at least 3 years legal experience in Commercial Law, and/or Litigation, and/or Intellectual Property Law, and/or Privacy law (preferably more than 6 years but not essential)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in New Zealand (preferred but not essential)
Who hold the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legal requirements and apply effectively in a commercially focused manner
- Ability to manage competing priorities and escalations
- Strong leadership skills
Benefits of the role
- Our client is a leading provider of data and analytics in Australia and New Zealand
- Options for 12 month contracted position or permanent full time
- Work in a role which allows you to grow at your own pace, with access eLearning platforms you can up skill as you please
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid volunteer days where you chose your favourite cause to support
- Monthly morning teas, social events and activities
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856