Are you passionate about enhancing security capabilities and ensuring the safety of government personnel both domestically and overseas? Our Canberra-based, Federal Government client are seeking two Security Training Specialists on a 12-month temporary assignment, with possibility to extend.
This is a security designated position and specified Personnel will be required to hold a current Australian Government Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance and Australian Citizenship prior to commencement.
About the team:
The Diplomatic Security Division (DSD) plays a key role in the provision of security advice and support, both domestically and overseas for the department. A core responsibility of the department is the security and safety of Australian Government personnel and their dependents overseas, the security of its diplomatic and consular posts and the safeguarding of Government information commensurate with an environment of increasing security risk. In this role, you will play a crucial part in designing, developing, and delivering innovative and culturally sensitive security training solutions for the department.
- Deliver presentations and facilitate training to department staff and external agencies.
- Develop diverse and culturally sensitive learning solutions, including associated training materials.
- Design and deliver training modalities such as face-to-face, virtual, eLearning, or blended learning options.
- Analyse and review training curricula to align with department and Diplomatic Security Division (DSD) objectives.
- Develop training strategies and produce high-level briefs for the Executive.
- Identify security training and capability gaps, implementing strategies for continual improvement.
- Oversee the scheduling of security training, prioritising course participant enrolment.
- Interpret, apply, and educate others on security policy and procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to refine security training needs.
- Manage administrative tasks related to training attendance and other duties.
- Assist in the development and management of the Diplomatic Security Officer Development Program.
- Deliver innovative approaches to building security capability across the department's network.
- Prepare briefing material and policy guidance for the department.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification and/or demonstrated experience in training and assessment.
- Previous experience in Protective Security is desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of the overseas security environment is an advantage.
If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for security training and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to apply for this challenging and rewarding role.
Applications close at COB Monday 29th January 2024, applications received after this time will be considered as an expression of interest.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856