This highly regarded company specialises in originating and managing proprietary investment opportunities designed to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns by leveraging their team's experience and regional networks across a specific industry sector. They work in close collaboration with their investors to develop tailor made investment strategies and seamlessly execute the investment mandates. They understand the fundamental drivers, market trends, different cultures and practices of the value chain segments and geographies they invest in, making them a formidable force in their chosen market. They are currently seeking to appoint a Financial Controller in a newly created, systems-oriented role.
The Financial Controller will combine operational and strategic roles, manage accounting, and fulfil the financial strategy enabling the profitable long-term growth of the business. We are seeking a dynamic Financial Controller with a proven track record of success to work alongside the CFO during a transformative period for their business. The company has significantly invested in technology underpinned by the ongoing implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365, wherein you will participate in ensuring the successful implementation and integration of this platform throughout their various businesses.
This role will be reporting to the CFO and will assist in taking the company's financial operations and functions to the next level. In addition, you will be supporting the management and direction of the team responsible for reporting all company finances.
Duties & Responsibilities
You must have extensive experience in the commercial sector with a strong financial vision, insight and strong systems skills to match.
- Lead, develop and upskill the finance team to meet businesses governance and compliance requirements.
- Work closely with senior management to facilitate the design and delivery of timely and accurate operational and financial management reporting utilising Dynamics 365
- Oversee all accounting work and set up internal and external audits to ensure the accuracy of information
- Optimise the annual budgeting process including the preparation of the annual capital management plan.
- Establish internal work processes for the financial department (including accounting and billing) and monitor their progress.
- Maintain and continuously optimise the company three-way financial model
- Provide the senior management team with commercial insights through analytical review of data, business drivers and performance.
- Ongoing review and refinement of existing financial processes and internal controls
- Participate in the implementation and optimisation of the businesses ERP System, Microsoft Dynamics 365 complemented by a fully customised business-specific integration with their chosen IT Integrator
- Analysis, interpretation, and implementation of technical developments and legislative changes as they relate to accounting, taxation and compliance
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the propensity to successfully foster new and maintain long-standing business relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written; skilled in the art of negotiation.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and delegate responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner.
- Outstanding integrity, solid moral judgment, and the ability to make important decisions under pressure.
- Expert problem solver, analytical thinker, and decision-maker.
- Possess strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, with a can-do attitude consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong Systems Accounting expertise, underpinned by experience in systems implementation
- Experience using and ideally implementing Dynamics 365 desirable
What's of Offer
- A very attractive remuneration package based upon relevant qualifications and experience.
- A passionate and energetic team culture and working environment
- Project oriented role with strong career progression opportunities
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on or Matthew Taylor on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856