This State Government Department is in the look for a GIS Officer to make part of their team.
The GIS Officer will play a key role in managing spatial data and information. It will also be responsible for the preparation of reports and plans that contribute to strategic policy for asset management, balancing multiple asset values and uses, including activity. The role will assist with providing clear environmental policy and advice across government and within the Department for the regulation of activities on public land, including supporting the Conservation Regulator and the department's a key Division.
The GIS Officer will work collaboratively across the division and the Department, building relationships to further policy objectives. The position requires a person with thorough knowledge of GIS enterprise management, spatial database implementation and administration, and collaboration and communication skills.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality briefings, presentations, speaking notes and reports for a range of audiences including Ministers and the Department executives, under the guidance of the line manager.
- Support the identification of emerging, complex and highly sensitive issues, risk and trends impacting on the successful achievement of objectives and priorities to contribute to developing innovative solutions and options.
- Provide advice and support in the use of spatial technology and analysis, including preparation of map products. Undertake spatial data automation and analysis, automated spatial data processing and general programming, including modelling of biodiversity protection areas based on a set of criteria and incorporation of the modelled areas into the existing spatial data layer of Forest Land categories.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of an internal GIS platform.
- Communicate, consult and build strong and effective relationships with a range of individuals and groups, clients and peers to progress work priorities.
- Actively contribute to a positive, open, delivery focused culture that values, supports and mentors people and is based on collaboration, accountability and performance excellence.
- Practice cultural safety by creating environment, relationships and systems free from racism and discrimination so that people can feel safe, valued and able to participate.
SPECIALIST/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications in geomatics, geography/cartography, GIS, data science or a similar discipline is desirable.
- Experience in automated spatial data processing and general programming, including understanding of the spatial algorithms and data structures behind typical GIS software tools and experience in the creation of spatial data processing scripts using Python, ArcPy and/or SQL is desirable.
- Experience in using, analysing, manipulating and querying data held in spatial and non-spatial databases is mandatory.
- Digital and Technological Literacy: Integrate digital and technological developments in the design and delivery of relevant policies, programs and services.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Seeks resolution of problems through policy or process guidelines; otherwise seeks guidance by providing information and ideas relevant towards resolution of problem.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Considers the merits of new ideas and approaches. Is willing to develop and apply new skills.
- Interpersonal skills: Polite, professional and considerate in dealing with others. Aware of people's moods and temperament. Expresses own views in a constructive and diplomatic way. Reflects on how own emotions impact on others.
Juan Carlos Marino Londono
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856