This highly reputable and continually growing market leader is one of the largest in their industry sector, and operate nationally. They have over 150 offices and centres in Australia, in which they deliver a high quality service. This organisation are known for utilising best practice processes and innovations to support continuous improvement, quality of service and success as they continue to experience growth within the industry.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Financial Accountant to join their high performing team based in the heart of the Brisbane CBD.
This position is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager through the preparation of monthly and annual financial information supporting the group's income statements, balance sheets and cashflows.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation, review and reporting of financial and tax information to support compliance with financial, tax and legal responsibilities (where it relates to finance matters)
- Ensure compliance with internal controls to reduce the risk of fraudulent activity within the business occurring
- Ensure all Finance processes and procedures are in Promapp and kept up to date
- Identify and implement improvements to businesses processes, ensuring manual processes are reduced, system and process efficiencies are improved, and costs are reduced
- Drive system and process improvements to enable early visibility of accurate information
- Support the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reports (income statements, balance sheet and cash flow) and CFO report
- Support the accurate and timely preparation of statutory financial statements and year end external audit preparations
- Support the finance manager with ad hoc tasks as required
- Preparation of supporting documentation for Group's annual tax calculations and tax returns
- Preparation of Group's annual FBT return and bi-annual payment times reporting
- Support implementation of Group's tax governance framework
- Support other finance team members through coaching to ensure continuous improvement
- Assistance with Month end processing to enable release of results including: -
- Preparation and review of key reconciliations
- Posting journals
- Review of operating results
- Preparation of monthly results in compliance with accounting standards including AASB16
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified CPA/CA
- Demonstrated experience with SAP
- Strong skills and knowledge of Excel
- Payroll and Tax accounting experience desired
- Current knowledge of accounting standards and relevant tax and statutory requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence
- A detailed orientated and process driven individual who is passionate about developing and embedding best practice
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment, and responsibility
What's of Offer
- Career Progression and Development Opportunities within Large Company
- Excellent Remuneration Package and Company Benefits
- Great Team Culture and Working Environment
- Continually Growing Organisation who are already Highly Successful
Please submit your CV by clicking on the "Apply Now" button or for more information please reach out to Jack Gullo on in the Manpower Finance & Accounting Brisbane office.
+ 61 7 3407 3150
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856