Defence Member Family Support TCS (Transition Coaching and Support) (DMFS TCS) offers a broad range of programs and services to help Commanders, Australian Defence Force members and their families manage the military way of life. TCS supports Defence families' self-reliance and increases the capacity of the wider community to support the needs of Defence families.
Australian Defence Force (ADF) TCS provides administrative support to all permanent ADF members separating from the military or transferring to the reserve force.
About the Role:
As one of the Transition Coaches you will be responsible for delivering coaching and support services to ADF members in the process of leaving the ADF, including individuals with complex needs. Assisting them in their exit with the view to maximise their chances of a successful transition to civilian life. You will participate in the coordination and delivery of State ADF Transition Seminars, conducting face to face coaching with transitioning members, providing advice on all entitlements & benefits; advising and guiding members through the departmental administrative processes; and providing access to information and referral to internal and external support services.
You will have an empathetic and professional approach with the ability to influence whilst managing a high volume of cases at any one time. You have a Passion for helping others and providing outstanding service. You're energetic, and eager to assist military members to transition to civilian life. You have demonstrated experience in the employment services or community services industry in an advisory role with experience and knowledge regarding employment options and have a demonstrated focus on customer service, stakeholder engagement and service delivery to support your clients.
- Coordination and delivery of regional ADF Member and Family Transition Seminars
- Program administration reporting requirements
- Maintenance of accurate, comprehensive case/client data records and the provision of quality client service are essential to this role
- Providing direction and advice on transition administration and career development
- Accessing transition support services, career-guidance, referral to ex-service organisations and other community-based information to support civilian employment.
- Conducting Face to Face member interviews - this will require extensive note taking and handling sensitive information
- Program administrative support
To succeed in the role, you will need:
- Australian Citizen - this is a requirement of the role
- AGSVA Baseline Security Clearance required or ability to obtain and uphold
- A current Australian Driver's License
- Experience and or background in Case Management.
- A background in career coaching, mentorship, learning and development highly regarded.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication both written and oral
- Persuasive with the ability to influence
- Potential to travel if required
- Build and sustain strong relationships with people and businesses
- Incredible empathy and ability to inspire
- Listen, motivate, and provide valuable feedback to others
- Ability to consistently execute on daily responsibilities with minimal oversight
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, shortlisted applicants will be contacted only.
How to apply
If your skills and experience match the above criteria, please click the "Apply Now" button. Questions can also be directed to Katie at ManpowerGroup on 02 9263 8690
Senior Manager Manpower
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856