Our ideal candidate
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join a team of passionate and committed professionals in the Business Services unit.
We are looking for motivated and skilled client engagement officer who has:
- possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to distil complex technical information for a range of audiences;
- ideally, you will have experience in customer service roles;
- have a strong eye for detail and comfortable working with project management tools and databases;
- ability to quickly acquire an understanding of Australia's anti-dumping and countervailing system
- high standards of professional and personal integrity in line with APS Values, the APS Code of Conduct and departmental policies;
- the ability to appropriately handle a range of highly confidential and sensitive information; and
- an ability to form productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups.
If you are eager to make a positive impact and have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this non on-going role, please take the next step and submit your application.
What you will do
Reporting to an Assistant Director (EL1), you will work within a business service team to deliver the Commission's reporting, coordination, implementation and client service functions. This role will support the team with all functions particularly with client engagement.
This team is the first point of contact in engaging with existing and potential stakeholders, and providing advice and assistance on anti-dumping matters. Stakeholders include Australian industry, importers, exporters, their representatives, licensed Customs brokers and other interested parties. You will support the implementation of anti-dumping measures. You will be required to work closely with relevant staff in the Department of Home Affairs, which has responsibility to collecting anti-dumping and countervailing duties.
You will adhere to the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct and the performance expectations according to the APS work level standards and the department's policies.
MUST BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN