Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
- Long Term contract - Newcastle
- Ongoing career development.
- Great Team
Our global IT client is looking to onboard an Infrastructure Engineer - Linux for their team based in Newcastle.
The position is to support a private cloud customer where there is a mixture of client's hardware, VMware, Windows and Linux. An ideal candidate should be confident in managing support for Linux servers.
Skills / knowledge needed would be,
- Good understanding/experience of the core Linux configuration files, i.e. hosts, dns, network and being able to configure them to best practice.
- Being able to configure sudo rules with security in mind.
- Work closely with the customer and third party vendors on any technical issues and be able to provide solutions.
- Be able to configure new users, groups and a good understanding of file permissions.
- Be able to build and configure brand new servers if required.
- Knowledge of LVM and be able to do disk extensions on live systems.
- Good Linux troubleshooting skills including performance troubleshooting (i.e. know where all the logs are and knowledge of common commands used in troubleshooting)
- Must have worked in a similar customer facing environment
- Should have full work rights
If you're a passionate & tick all the boxes and loves to work with enterprise organisations, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now or reach me for any further questions.
Key Account Consultant
+ 61 2 9263 8644
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856