We are actively engaged with our Federal Government client in Canberra who are looking for EL2 level Senior Adviser- Response Policy to commence a initial contract till Oct 2022 with 6 months extension
Australian citizens are eligible to apply
What to expect:
Reporting to the Manager, Response Planning, the Senior Adviser- Response Policy, is responsible for the provision of strategic policy advice in relation to emergency and incident management responsibilities. You will be managing 2 direct staff.
- Leading the development of strategic policy advice to inform the development of national and client's arrangements for emergency response and search and rescue.
- Effectively engaging and working collaboratively with state and territory governments, colleagues within the Commonwealth and other relevant stakeholders on current and future of emergency management arrangements.
- Engage with Commonwealth agencies regarding client's obligations under the Australian Government Crisis Management Arrangements.
- Support the Secretariats for the National Plan Strategic Coordination Committee and National Search & Rescue Council.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across government to ensure coordinated advice to the client's Executive and Board, and Government.
- Producing high quality written advice quickly in a variety of formats, to convey complex information succinctly.
- Highly developed policy analysis and development skills.
- Strong administrative and supervisory
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite
- Highly developed verbal and written communications and numerical
- Highly developed ability to negotiate policy positions with government and industry stakeholders.
- Knowledge of regulatory role, legislation and ability to communicate clearly on technical matters with maritime stakeholders is highly desirable but not essential.
Account Manager - Public Sector
+61 2 6200 3399
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856